PADI DRIFT DIVER SPECIALTY COURSE
$299.00 Includes 2 Boat Dives, Certification Card and any Gear needed.
$29.00 Drift Diver Specialty Manual.
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
The Fun Part
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What You Learn
During your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving.
- An introduction to drift diving equipment -- floats, lines, reels.
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving.
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.
You will check-in on the Prodiver Maui boat at the Kihei Boat Ramp at 6:15am and return at approximately 10:30am. You will then need to go back to the dive shop for about 15 minutes to do the final paperwork.
Your Next Adventure
If you haven't already completed your Advanced Open Water Certification it is the perfect next step. This specialty will count as one of the 5 dives you need to complete your requirements. If you've already done your Advanced class think about the Rescue Diver Class and you are well on your way to becoming a Master Scuba Diver!
Now why aren’t you diving with Prodiver Maui?
To book or for more information about this or other PADI courses please give us a call at 808.875.4004.
- Discover Scuba
- Open Water Diver
- Open Water Referral
- Advanced Open Water
- Rescue Diver
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation
- Boat Diver
- Deep Diver
- Digital UW Imaging
- Drift Diver
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Project AWARE Fish Identification
- Scooter Specialty
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigator